Friday, November 30, 2007

Candlelight Advent Tea

Our church has a Candlelight Advent Tea every year. For the past three years I have signed up to decorate a table with my friend Carrie. Last year we were iced out and the tea was cancelled, which really was a good thing because my dessert flopped. Which really should have taught me a lesson about trying a new dessert for the advent tea, but it didn't. Thankfully my Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake, which I have never made before, turned out beautifully :) Our table was beautiful as well, thanks to Carrie's beautiful Christmas china! This is really a fun evening of fellowship with other women, singing Christmas carols, yummy desserts, and a short message from our pastor. Our pastor opened his message with the fact that you would never see guys doing this...pretty funny to think about! During the caroling I learned that "The 12 Days of Christmas" has motions to it...never knew that...it was pretty funny watching over 100 women do the motions! Who would have thought you would ever see that many PCA women dancing in a church?!

3 comments:

Julie said...

wasn't it a riot?? if you have any more pictures, e-mail them to me!

Julie

Anonymous said...

That was so fun last night. Your dessert look lovely and delicious and your table looked so festive.
Great singing too by the way...."Chestnuts Roasting On an Open Fire"
Catherine

Kathy C said...

I didn't know you TOO had a blog.
Wow...
Everyone is doing it!!
I don't think I'd have enough to say. I could take some pics of me and the crazy cat and let people think I'm one of THOSE people, but that is a little scary since I now have to say Happy "I'm not Old" Birthday! and people might not get the joke!