Mother's Day, when I really think about it, is just another day for Hallmark to make a lot of money. And about 6 years ago I really hated, despised, loathed, and would skip church on Mother's Day. This was when I was in the painful throes of infertility. Longing for a child. Longing to be a mother...longing to fulfill my lifelong dream. But the Lord had other plans, plans for me to wait, wait on His
perfect will. You see, it wasn't about me and what I wanted or thought I needed. My children were not for me to bring into the world but for Him to bring into the world through another mother...a birthmother. I LOVE that this was the Lord's perfect plan for me. I LOVE that He chose these children for me from the beginning of time. I LOVE the two women who bore my children and made the incredibly difficult and selfless decision to allow me to raise their babies. I LOVE that the Lord put me through all that pain to bring me so much love happiness through these precious children. I now understand what it means to be adopted...adopted as a child of God, with an eternal inheritance (that I did nothing to deserve!) that will never be taken away from me. Thank you Lord for my children and what this day now means to me.




1 comment:
Thank you for that food for the soul. I SO appreciate you & the journey God has bestowed on you! What a blessing.
Post a Comment