...but I forgot to mention that M has been reading for a few weeks now! We have really kind of been in shock about the whole thing. We first noticed it when she started asking if she could read to E before she went to bed. Of course we thought "how sweet"! And then we realized she was actually reading the books and not just making up her own story according to the pictures, as she used to "read." So, we started paying more and more attention. She has surpassed the reading level 1 books and just finished reading "Mr. Brown can Moo" to us a few minutes ago. She does struggle with some of the "hard" words, as we used to call them growing up, but that is to be expected.
I told her tonight that she learned to read before I did...meaning that I think I was 6 when I started to read. Her response..."Yeah, I'm better than you." So we still need to work on that whole pride thing :) We're also still working on needing to be the first one for everything. This morning I told her that the Bible says, "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first." She said she didn't like that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow! that's great! some news is just too fun to contain. when avery started reading it was even more exciting than when he starting walking. it's scary though. you start seeing billboards that you just hope they don't ask about. and now avery reads so fast (he's seven)that he skims my emails as i'm typing them. horrible. soon enough, he'll be reading about himself on the blog. okay. obviously, i feel like going out for coffee with you. meet halfway? take care, friend!
Post a Comment