Monday, March 24, 2008

A Little Easter Snow

So, you know we've had a pretty miserable (or fabulous, if you are my daughter!) winter here in the mid-west. Well, just when we thought it was over...we woke up to this lovely (or not!) view outside...It continued to snow off and on all day...melting in between...and then covering the ground again. I have to say, that's a first for this ole southerner...snow on Easter!

The weather did not prevent us from enjoying a glorious day celebrating our risen Lord! We rejoice in the "empty tunnel", as M put it! The kids enjoyed their Easter baskets before breakfast...and all cried as we put swapped them out for real food.




I suppose the funniest part of the day was putting on our Easter outfits for church when it was snowing outside...c'mon kids, get your hats and mittens...I didn't care, we were wearing our spring clothes...that snow wasn't stopping me!







May you find joy in the empty "tunnel"!

No comments: